Health and safety may be a part of homemaking and housekeeping but I think they are important enough to warrant their own category within Setting Up Housekeeping.
Here’s a brief summary of what Health and Safety is about, as well as what to consider when you’re setting up housekeeping.
Health and Safety is About. . .
- Making and keeping your home safe
- Making your home environment healthful
- Keeping your family safe (whether or not they’re at home)
- Keeping your family healthy
- Preparing for emergencies, accidents, and illnesses
- Responding to emergencies, accidents, and illnesses
Things to Consider When Preparing
- Organizing and preparing for health care ~ both professional and in-home.
- Considering health and safety when purchasing, building, or renting a home.
- Considering health and safety when acquiring goods for your home.
- Considering health and safety when organizing, arranging, and decorating your home.
- Considering health and safety when planning for housekeeping, homemaking, and home management.
- Planning for and preparing for healthful eating.
- Planning for and preparing for emergencies large and small.
- Preparing a first aid kit.
- Planning and acquiring things for administering home remedies.
That’s quite a lot! But I think it’s worth the effort and the basics should be high on your priority list.