Areas to Consider
- Cooking skills
- Food management knowledge and skills (like shopping, storage, and meal planning)
- Recipes and meal plans
- Dietary needs and food preferences
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Eating style (meal times, formality, etc.)
- Kitchen culture (routines, management style, etc.)
- Cooking style (how much cooking from scratch, for example?)
- Food safety
- Kitchen tools/linens
- Dining room or area/dishes/linens
- Building your pantry (either before the wedding or prepping to do it afterwards)
Questions to Consider
- What will we eat?
- What do we like?
- Where will we eat?
- When will we eat?
- What will our food budget be?
- What facilities/appliances will we have?
- How much time will be available for meal preparation and clean up?
- Who will shop/cook/clean up?
- What dishes, pots and pans, tools, linens, and other goods do we need?
- Where will we get our food?
- How will we store our food?
- What do I know how to make?
And don’t worry, every bride (unless you’ve already been there, done that, and become an expert) will burn dinner, or otherwise ruin some food. It’s normal. 😉