Both husband-to-be and wife-to-be should be involved in planning and preparation. The home you establish will belong to both of you and you will both have responsibilities in it. The organization of setting up housekeeping may be split in two, or one may organize it while both carry responsibilities.
Things to Consider
Tips and Ideas
- You may designate one chief planner ~ or not.
- Don't plan without consulting each other (even though you aren't married yet)!
Planning and Organization Tools
- Totebag ~ So you can tote your planning stuff around.
- File box, file folders ~ To keep your ideas and plans organized. Store charts, receipts, checklists, etc.
- Telephone book (yellow pages) ~ To find what you need, of course!
- Internet access ~ Research, research, research. And possibly shopping. Since you're reading this, I assume you have regular Internet access. I'm just encouraging you to make good use of it!
- Computer with word processing and spreadsheet programs ~ Keep track of to do lists, make your own checklists and charts, maintain a timeline.
- Printer ~ Print articles, charts, checklists, to do lists, etc.
Some of the things on the Notebooks and Planners page (under Homekeeping) might be helpful. There are links to free printables.