It’s one thing to have a place to live. It’s quite another thing to have a decent place to live (i.e. clean, safe). And still another to have a home. While both husband and wife have a role to play in all of these things, it’s the wife on whom rests the burden (and privilege) of homekeeping: homemaking, home management, and housekeeping.
Here are some things to consider as you address this part of setting up housekeeping.
Things to Consider
- What kind of home and lifestyle do you want to have?
- Who does what? Consider both responsibilities and individual tasks.
- Home management and personal business
- Time, money, and resource management
- Cleaning and care
- Food management and cooking
- Laundering and clothing care
- Storage and organization
- Schedules and routines
- Health and safety
- Making a house a home
- Special occasions
- Linens, dishes, cookware, furnishings, and other home goods
- The home’s comfort and appearance
- The homemaker herself (training, appearance, attitudes, support)
Get ready to make your spot (no matter how small or simple it may be) a clean, functional, comfortable home!